Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living in the Moment

I love being a Mother, I am not going to lie and say that every moment is easy, but I am trying to live in the moment more, and find those moments that make being a mother so worth it. Here are a few I was thinking of.

Those moments that Braxton says "I love you so much Mom". The moment when I hear Bailey crying at 3am and I pick her up and she stops crying and I see her perfect innocent face, and I can't help but smile. The moment when Braxton sings his alphabet or spells his name. The moment when I pick Bailey up before she actually is awake and the way she stretches is the cutest thing. The moment when Braxton wants to give me a kiss or a hug. The moment when I am changing Bailey's diaper and she gives me the cutest smiles that melt my heart. The moment when Braxton wants me to play a game with him. The moment when Bailey wants to lay right on my chest and fall asleep snuggled next to me. The moment Braxton says he misses his dad. The moment I walk in to see my babies sleeping so peacefully and I wonder what they are dreaming.

There are so many more moments. I love my little munchkins, and the moments they give me. It reminds me a poem my mom had in our bathroom growing up and I memorized it, but not till I had children did I understand it.

"The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for children grow up, I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. "








No comments: